To learn how to bet on cycling events, it is paramount that you understand the different types of cycling events. The popularity of these events has increased not just in the UK but also in the USA. This can be attributed to the success that British riders like Geraint Thomas and Bradley Wiggins have enjoyed in various events. Even so, it is good to note that cycling is not that popular in sports betting. The events also differ significantly from other sports thus the reason you need to spend a little time learning about betting on cycling.
Guide to Betting on Cycling
The best tips you can get on betting on cycling events is to learn how to pick the best bets. This is more so when betting on an online casino. Finding the best bet is also not that easy. Understanding the different types of bets available can, however, help you find the one that works best for you.
If you want to make real money betting on cycling in a legal casino, here are the four main types of bets you should consider using.
- Race Winner. Here you place your wager on the cyclist/rider you believe will win the race. If the racer wins, you make money.
- Top 3 Finish. In major cycling events like the Tour de France, there are more than 150 riders. Predicting who among them will finish first can be hard. This is where the ‘Top 3 Finish’ bet comes in. In most Olympic events, bettors go with this type of bet because it increases the chances of success.
- Team classification. Cyclists compete as part of a larger team. If you plan on betting in the upcoming Grand Tour races, you should note that the team will have 8 riders. When you bet on team classification, you will be betting on 8 riders.
- Young Rider Classification. This is where you bet on riders under the age of 25 or even 23.
To attract customers, most casinos online offer bonuses and promotions. You should make use of these promotions when betting on local cycling events. This is for the simple fact that the promotions will help offset your losses, help you play longer for less, test the casino, test your strategy as well as pad your bankroll. The best promotion is definitely the online casino bonus. This helps you place a bet for free.
Today, most online casinos in Europe offer you free bets on the most popular cycling races in the world. To check out these lucrative promotions, sign up at European casino sites, and see what cycling and online casino promotions are waiting for your arrival.
The free bet promotion is the one you should look for, as it gives you the best opportunity of winning. The free bet bonus offer is often a part of the welcome deal at most online casinos and sportsbooks, which you can claim and use only once per account. The only thing to do now is to find yourself a respected cycling betting site and watch those winnings ramp up!
While you might not be new to cycling, there is a good chance you are new to betting online on cycling. If that is the case, there are a number of terms you must familiarize yourself with before placing your bet on the next event.
- Velodrome Cycling. This is a French word for ‘bike racecourse’. It refers to bike races that take place on a banked track, which is 150 to 500 meters in circumference.
- Road cycling. This is an outdoor event where cyclists cover long distances over several days and at times weeks. Endurance is tested here.
- Stage races. In road races there are three types: individual time trials, single-day races and stage races. The most demanding races are the stage races. They are also very social with more bettors placing their bets.
- Grand tours. These are the most prestigious cycling events. They include the Vuelta a Espana, Tour de France and Giro d’Italia. The races last weeks and attract top world cyclists.
Upcoming Cycling Events
In addition to the three grand tours, there are so many events each year that you can bet on in an online casino. The main ones are:
- Tour de Yorkshire Ride (England)
- Mallorca 312 (Spain)
- Stelvio Santini (Italy)
- Vatternrundan (Sweden)
- Gran Fondo Quebrantahuesos (Spain)
- Tour of California Race Experience (California)
- Dirty Kanza 200 (Kansas)
- Tour of Battenkill (Greenwich, New York)
- Across America (Oceanside, California to Annapolis, Maryland)
- Tam Century Ride (Marin County, California)
Betting on cycling events can be lucrative, but you have to be careful where you bet and on which team you bet on. The more you learn about the events, the better the results you will get when betting.